Suman Moron originated from Leyte, an island in the Visayas. It is a well-known Filipino dessert served during fiestas and other distinctive situations. Luckily for us, I never have to wait for any specific celebrations to taste this delicacy because these are normally marketed outside the house the church all through Sundays.
This recipe helps make about 30 parts of Suman Moron 4-inches very long each.
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 6 cups ordinary rice flour
- 2 kilos grated coconut meat
- 1 big can evaporated milk
- ½ kilo white (refined) granulated sugar
- 1 kilo muscovado sugar
- 30 chocolate tableya, melted with 1/4 cup water
- 1 bar cheddar cheese (julienned)
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 tiny bottle vanilla extract
- 8 cups boiling h2o
- about 30 parts banana leaves, lower into rectangles (8″x10″)
- In a basin, area the grated coconut meat and pour boiling water. Established apart. (Note: 8 cups of canned coconut milk can be made use of as different.)
- Combine the 2 varieties of flour nicely right up until totally included. Divide the flour combination similarly into two elements.
- Squeeze the grated meat when the coconut combination is currently interesting more than enough to deal with. Use a high-quality strainer to different the coconut milk. Divide the coconut milk equally into two elements.
- In a thick-bottomed pan, put ½ of the flour mixture and pour in one particular aspect coconut milk, muscovado sugar, melted chocolate, vanilla extract and peanuts. Mix properly and spot around medium heat. Hold on stirring although cooking the combination. At initially, uneven lumps will kind. But as you hold stirring, the mixture will even out as it thickens. Flip off the heat when oil starts to occur out. Set apart to awesome.
- To the second half of flour combination, include the remaining coconut milk. Then pour about 50 % of the white sugar and the evaporated milk. Blend carefully. Place in a different pan and cook about medium heat though stirring continually. Get rid of from the warmth when the mixture is thickened. Established aside to cool.
- Pass the banana leaves over the warmth to make them supple. Then use the squeezed-dry coconut meat around the leaves.
- Consider a heaping tablespoonful of the to start with mixture (chocolate) and position on the banana leaf wrapper. Sprinkle a tiny cheese on it right before rolling, with the banana leaf covering the mixture. Thus, you hands will never be touching the mixture remaining rolled.
- Just take yet another heaping tablespoonful of the second combination (milk) and do the exact system.
- Area the two cylinders (milk and chocolate) and roll to sort a thicker cylinder with the two colors fused alongside one another.
- Roll the banana leaf to wrap tightly and tie a string at the two ends to secure.
- Repeat the method until all of the two mixtures have been wrapped.
- Steam for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let neat in advance of serving.