These Easy Dinner Rolls made with two ingredient dough are ready in just 30 minutes! No yeast, kneading, or complicated dough making is required!
99 CALORIES 16g CARBS 2g FAT 5g PROTEIN
Easy Dinner Rolls (with Two Ingredient Dough) Recipe
I don’t think I need to remind you of my obsession with two-ingredient dough. If you’ve been here for a while, then you know I love the stuff. From pizza and pretzels to cheddar biscuits and English muffins, I have whipped this trusty dough into just about everything.
If you’re looking for a lighter version of a classic dinner roll, these Two-Ingredient Dough Dinner Rolls are a perfect choice. In only 30 minutes, two-ingredient dough makes a healthier dinner roll alternative that’s full of protein and healthy nutrients. No more frustrating kneading and waiting around for dough to rise, you just whip it up and bake.
These homemade dinner rolls are golden brown on the outside, yet soft and fluffy on the inside. When brushed with some butter, they are the most indulgent and delicious appetizer or side dish for all your favorite meals.
I recommend pairing these dinner rolls with soup, your favorite pasta dish, or a delicious dinner salad. Alternatively, you can slice them in half and make them into the perfect sandwich buns. Whatever you choose to do with them, you’re going to love them!
Easy Dinner Roll Key Ingredients
To make these delicious homemade dinner rolls, you will need the following key ingredients:
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt serves as the base for our easy two-ingredient dough. Not only does it add tons of beneficial nutrients and protein, but it is what gives this dough its moisture.
- Self-rising flour: Self-rising flour is a fancy name for all-purpose flour mixed with pre-measured salt and baking powder. It enables the dough to rise without any added ingredients and keeps it from becoming overly sticky.
- Unsalted butter: Unsalted butter is the perfect, low-sodium topping for these healthy dinner rolls. Unsalted butter contains no added salt, meaning it is butter in its truest form. However, you could always opt for salted butter if you would like.
Recipe Tips and Variations
Here are some of my top tips for bringing these delicious, two-ingredient dough dinner rolls to life:
- Add a little seasoning. Just a sprinkle of olive oil and garlic powder will give these dinner rolls tons of delicious flavor. You could also try adding Italian seasoning for a little Italian flair.
- Add some cheese. Cheese and bread were born to be eaten together, so why not melt some cheese on top of your dinner rolls? My go-to choices are parmesan, feta, or mozzarella cheese.
- Add protein. Chopped up bacon or sausage adds a delicious bit of protein to these dinner rolls. If you’ve already added some melted cheese, these rolls instantly become the perfect breakfast sandwiches.
- Add fresh herbs: Take things up a level with some fresh chopped herbs. Add them directly to the dough.
What Is Two-Ingredient Dough?
Two-ingredient dough is one of my favorite baking trends. It creates a low-carb and easy-to-make dough from just two basic ingredients. Greek yogurt and self-rising flour work together as a dream team to form two-ingredient dough, a low-carb alternative dough for many of your baking needs.
To make it, all you have to do is combine the two ingredients either by hand or using a mixer. Then, place the dough onto a floured surface and knead a couple of times. After a minute or so, you should have a ball of kneaded dough that is able to be sliced and used for a variety of dishes like pizza dough, pretzels, and these dinner rolls.
Leftover Dinner Roll Storage Tips
Lucky for you and me both, two-ingredient dough is incredibly easy to store. This means that you can make one big batch that can be used for tons of different recipes. (Think: pizza rolls and cinnamon buns and cheddar biscuits and bagels and hamburger buns and breadsticks.)
To store unused two-ingredient dough, seal in an airtight storage container and refrigerate for up to 10 days. This gives you plenty of time to dream up your next two-ingredient dough bakery concoction.
However, if you’ve already made your dough into these healthy dinner rolls, here is how you should store leftovers:
- Seal leftovers in an airtight storage container and store at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- To store the rolls for longer, you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
- To reheat frozen rolls, thaw and wrap in aluminum foil. Then, reheat for 10 minutes in an oven at 350°F.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about this dish:
Too-sticky dough is an easy fix, as all you have to do is add a bit more self-rising flour. On the other hand, if your dough appears to be too dry, you can remedy it by adding a few more tablespoons of Greek yogurt.
Yes! In fact, for all the carb-lovers out there, these two-ingredient dough dinner rolls are your new best friend. Not only are these dinner rolls a delicious low-carb and low-calorie bread option, but they are full of protein and nutrients. This means they will help satisfy your appetite and aid in weight loss or healthy weight management.
Two-ingredient dough is yeast-free and egg-free, which makes some people question how it is still able to rise. Because self-rising flour contains baking powder, this dough is able to rise without yeast. Additionally, the Greek yogurt causes this dough to become soft and pliable, making it easy to work with.