There’s no such thing as too much chocolate when it comes to these easy, decadent Chocolate Kiss Cookies!! They whip up in minutes!
We took our Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies and doubled down on the chocolate! If you love chocolate cookies as much as we do, you might also like to try Gooey Rolo Cookies, Brownie Cookies, or Crinkle Cookies.
Chocolate on chocolate
Let’s be honest, I love chocolate!
I definitely have a sweet tooth and that tends towards the chocolate side! I’m not alone, right?!
Well, what is better than chocolate on chocolate?! These Chocolate Kiss Cookies sure deliver. Not only are they perfectly chocolatey, they are easy and whip up in minutes.
They make sweet gifts too. You could even top some with Hershey Hugs and send some “hugs and kisses” to brighten a day. Because who doesn’t love Cookies?
If you’re not as much of a chocolate fan, but you enjoy a good chocolate + peanut butter combo, you’ll probably like our Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies.
How to Make Them
PREP. Preheat oven to 350°F. Unwrap all Hershey Kisses and set aside.
WET INGREDIENTS. In a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until fluffy.
DRY INGREDIENTS. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
BALL. Scoop cookies with a medium cookie scoop and roll into a ball. Roll in a bowl of sugar to coat and place on a greased cookie sheet.
BAKE. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Take out of oven and immediately press 1 kiss in the center of each cookie.
COOL + ENJOY! Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
Recipe Tips + Variations
Recipe Notes: I suggest baking 1-2 test cookies. If they come out great you can bake them in larger batches. The following notes may help in case you need to troubleshoot.
- Flat Cookies: These cookies really need to be nice and puffy so that the kiss can nestle right in the center. To avoid flat cookies be sure that you don’t over mix the dough. You can also try chilling the dough before scooping and baking them.
- Overbaking: Normally you take a cookie out of the oven just as they are beginning to brown, but these are already brown. Be sure to watch the oven timer and allow the cookies to cool on the sheet.
- Roll in festive nonpareils sprinkles
- Roll in powdered sugar
- Or, roll colored sugar
- Use different flavored kisses in the center such as candy cane kisses, mint kisses, peanut butter kisses, or Hugs
STORE cooled cookies at room temperature for 3-4 days in an airtight container. Adding a piece of white bread into the container will help keep the cookies soft. Store them in a freezer Ziploc for 3-6 months.
FREEZE the dough to be baked later and be sure to have some Hershey Kisses waiting in the pantry. Here are step-by-step directions on how to freeze them:
- Line the dough balls up on a baking sheet.
- Place the sheet in the freezer until the dough is frozen solid.
- Transfer the dough balls into a freezer Ziploc.
- Store for up to 3 months.
- Roll in sugar and bake according to recipe directions.
- You may need to add 1-2 minutes to compensate for the chilled dough. Add Hershey Kiss as directed
For More Cookies, try:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Unwrap all Hershey Kisses and set aside.
In a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until fluffy.
Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
Scoop cookies with a medium cookie scoop and roll into a ball. Roll in a bowl of sugar to coat and place on a greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. Take out of oven and immediately press 1 kiss in the center of each cookie.
Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.